Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Makati Muay Thai Fitness Gym

Muay Thai is a combat sport which originated in Thailand that uses combat striking. Muay Thai is referred to as "The Art of Eight Limbs" or "The Science of Eight Limbs". You use 8 vital points to connect to your opponent. That would be  -punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes.

This is my first time to shoot a Muay Thai gym.Never took a picture of a Muay Thai athlete as either. I was excited and kinda nervous all at the same time. I dont know the positions or stance of the subject which makes me clueless where to position myself. I just went with the flow and trusted my instincts. As long as i can light these guys properly, my photos will look good. 

Ma-yeh', one of the participants at the gym luckily agreed to pose for a portrait. With her serious look, this photo made her   tenacious looking and she looks like she is ready to kick some serious ass. Muay Thai is a great work out since you use most of the parts of your body. One of the best cardio exercises ever.  Its also best in working out your core and your abs. 


It also helps release stress. Punching or kicking a punching bag is a serious stress reliever. I actually want to take up kickboxing because of this. =)  

 Muay Thai is not only a great workout, it teaches self defense, teaches you confidence and most specially it teaches you discipline. Martial Arts requires a lot of discipline. You need to respect your body and you need to  respect others and your environment as well.  If every human being values discipline, our world would be a better place to live.

 Id like to thank Sir Tony for letting me shoot at his awesome gym. Sir salamat po! To my models Onyok and Ma-yeh, thank you for the great portraits. I enjoyed this shoot even though the weather is scorching hot. I will leave you with this verse posted accross the gym - "Success needs no explanation. Failure needs no albi". Better remember that. For more info on Makati Muay Thai Fitness Gym - please call  895-1986 or 0918 8020434. You may visit their gym at 4008 Yague St. Pasong Tamo Makati. 


PS. I used everything i learned from Laya Gerlock's advanced photography workshop with this shoot. I was surprised with the outcome of the photos. f/8 is my new favorite f-stop! Everything seems to be sharp! I love it! :) Thanks Laya for the tips!


1 comment:

  1. I liked this Thai style fitness gym workouts. I have committed to reduce my weight and get a healthy and fit body. So I regularly workout at least 30 minutes daily. I hope for the best results.
    Weight Loss Chicagoland

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.