Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yanagi Japanese Restaurant

Its about time since I had another outdoor photoshoot. I have been shooting retail products for quite some time and I kinda miss the traffic, the dust, the intense moment when the managers of the restaurant watches you work.  I got to admit that I miss it even though its stressful sometimes. Nikos reminded me that I have a shoot at Midas Hotel over at Roxas Blvd.. I thought Im going to shoot facades and rooms of the hotel. I just found out that Midas has this new Japanese Restaurant inside their hotel called "Yanagi" 


They serve the finest Tempuras in the city. Everytime you grab a bite, theres a burst of flavor inside your mouth. This is one of my favorites at Yanagi. The sauce is really good. You have to try it.

Different varieties of Maki is included in the buffet. This one looks interesting. Its been two months already that I havent ate rice. But this one, i just have to make an exemption and end my no-rice-streak. This is just awesome. So worth it. 

They have this fresh garden salad that has this crunchy wanton noodles on top. Dressed in this really delicious sauce. Probably one of the best salads i ever tasted. Its healthy and very delicious! 

 Share it with everyone and im sure they will love it. 




This is the beef used for the Sukiyaki or the HotPot. You can actually eat this raw if you want. But i wanted it cooked.. then placed inside my hot pot. Tell you, the beef is so soft and tender. I ate a lot of these earlier. 


These are the ingredients for the Hot Pot. Look at those mushrooms! They look really tasty! 

All of these for only P499. This is a great buy actually. The tempura alone and the different kinds of Sushi are quite expensive already .This is a bargain for 499! When this deal launches at Ensogo, i'l be the first one to buy the voucher ! Look at all that you'l get! 
  
 My experience at Yanagi is quite challenging because everybody is watching me photograph the food. The chefs, the managers, the waiters, All eyes glued on me. Theres a little bit of pressure but I just got to get used to it. I just worked with my camera and shoot away.  I used the technique Jo Avila taught us from his talk at DPP's anniversary. Thats the speedlight + bondpaper maneuver. It was awesome. My shots became more interesting. It has more texture. The highlights and shadows came out. It was awesome. Im so happy I attended that free workshop. Thanks to sir Jo, my shots took up a notch! 


I would like to thank the staff of Midas Hotel for being super hospitable. They were very nice. Very accommodating. That place is really nice. Midas hotel is one of those hotels that has the best lounge area. Those fiber optics running down from the ceiling is just awesome. And the collection of the Heremes boxes were fantastic. I also want to thank Ruby for assisting me with the photoshoot. She was kind enough to hold my speedlight and my 50 cent diffuser (bond paper). Thanks Ruby! 


If you are craving for some great Japanese food, please come to Yanagi, im sure you will definitely enjoy their great food, awesome service and the delightful dining experience. 


3 comments:

  1. Great food photography. I wish I could so the same for my food blog. However, in reality the food isn't as extravagant. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much stacy for the compliment... Appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your website and it was really good! Keep it up! Use that bond paper plus speedlight technique :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.