Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tanay, Rizal

Tanay is just a marvelous place to visit. Yesterday,Me and my photography infused friends, gave a visit to a place the locals call “Parola” or Lighthouse. I have been to places like this before which I usually take it for granted more often ignored. Things changed yesterday coz everything that seems ordinary meant something special. Perhaps it’s a sign of aging...hope not :) What am I talking about? Life at its simple ways is sweet. People fishing., kids playing kites., farmers taking care of their crops. Its so simple. No complications., No technicalities. Just plain oL hardcore soil drenching living

. I dunno why am I getting amped on watching snails walk on dirt, lime green colored rice fields or kids playing mataya-taya. Like I said it sweet and simple. One of my favorite sites there is the Lighthouse itself. You’ll see a lot of silhouette shots of it, for me its a personal favorite. Backlit by the colorful hues of the sky. Those gradients of orange.,purple and blues..is just breathtaking. I found myself in some sort of a misery when my foot got soaked in that moist., mushy .,unknown goo drenched earth. Deceiving from afar, the soil seems solid. Still playing safe., I stepped on a rock to give me ledge on shooting a specific foreground.


To my dismay, the rock sunk and scared the shit out of me coz I nearly fell down. My white shoes turned dark khaki.. its crazy. Good thing I brought those Korean baby wipes from the office to wipe some of my miseries. The day ended with a fabulous Japanese dinner at Omakase in Tomas Morato. I ordered my favorite jap dish the tonkatsu. What an interesting day. Its like a good photo, filled with a lot of elements. Elements like traffic, sunsets, witty friends and good food.

Thanks to sir allan for again the pro tips in landscape photography. To pads and marco who takes photography to the next level and takes me with them and to our good Lord who brought light and colors for us to capture. I really had a great time. Till our next shoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.