Friday, March 12, 2010

Dasol, Panggasinan


Dont know where will I start my story. Still thinking of the right words to say. The weekend where my feet touched the sands of one of the most peaceful beaches in the country. A place where time stopped.Where beauty is scattered in all places and all sorts. Moments worth reminiscing. Memories, etched from a place called Dasol, Panggasinan.


Photography helped me rekindle those precious moments. That splash of saltwater right beneath your toes as the "banca" travel the very calm waters and fishes starting to sprung out the water. That sunset that simply takes your breath away as it sets slowly. Radiating with its pink., purplish hues that painted the sky like magic. Sounds emo isnt it? Its unusual, simply out of the ordinary. An experience that made me feel more alive.



I would like to thank Mr Allan Barredo, a great photographer, a fellow mountaineer and an artist behind the lens. Through his work and dedication in he showed us the beauty of our natural resources. His work inspired me because a breath-taking landscape photo is not easy to capture. You have to endure a lot. Pain, hunger, blood sweat and tears.. A lot of sacrifice for that perfect shot. In those 2 days of traveling, it gave me huge respect for the people who take photos of these majestic places. Opens windows, opens opportunities, showing the people that there are places here in our own country worthy of visiting. Thank you sir Allan for the experience.



Of course, none of these wouldnt be possible without the efforts of Shena, who organized the trip. To my fellow photographers, Pads, Marco, Allan, Erwin, Mel, Kits, Lester, Angge.. to our lovely models., Tet and Abby....to sir Buboy for all the tips on strobes and to our driver, kuya Roel. I had a really great time. Also., to the people who owns the rest house., i may not know their names but i thank them so much for their hospitality. The food was awesome.


Dasol, Panggasinan
March 6-7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.