Thursday, July 14, 2011

Namaste!

What does "Namaste" mean? All i know is that its an Indian word that usually spoken as a sign of respect when people meet or say goodbye. I googled it up and as defined by Mahatma Gandhi: In India when people meet and part they often say, Namaste' which means: "I honor the place within you where the entire Universe resides; I honor the place within you of love, of light, of truth, of peace; I honor the place within you, where, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us."

Namaste Restaurant is located within Burgos Circle at Bonifacio Global City. They serve authentic Indian Food. My impression about Indian food is that it has this certain kind of characteristic, usually spicy and more of a curry like dishes. I do love spicy food but not burn-my-tongue spicy. Just enough for my taste buds to hold. Photo above is Namaste's Seafood Beryani. It smells so good I tell you.Its spicy, flavorful fried rice that has shrimps and other spices. The rice is not just an ordinary long grain rice, its something you wont find here because the grains are imported straight from India.This is a must try! Its really good.


Now this a real treat! This is called Paneertika.Its cottage Cheese wrapped in onions and deep fried to goodness. I dunno if it is but its just real good! Try this one and im sure you will enjoy the creaminess of the cheese. Its good.. promise.

Although the appearance of this one is somehow not that appealing.... mind you., this Chicken Reshmi Kebab is really delicious! Why is it that everything i post here is good? Well it is really good!


The place is really nice. It is clean. Its neat. Its appetizing actually :). I just love their basic things that you will see here like the ice bucket which is really cute. The salt and pepper dispenser.. its really nice.


This is my favorite from all the dishes that I ate today! Its chicken kadai with Na'an. You break the bread and dip it with that sauce over there. I dunno how to describe it. Its like a curry. Theres actually chicken meat inside the sauce. You can actually put this with an ordinary rice if you want to. This is really something. :) If im going to go back to this place , probably im gonna go get this one.. hehe

If you happen to visit BGC., you should drop by Namaste and experience India right here in Manila! Good eats once again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.