Sunday, March 13, 2011

Conquering Mt. Amuyao

I almost forgot about this! I am surprised that I havent posted this one yet. I already posted these photos in my other social networking sites but not here in my main blog. This is probably the hardest feat i ever done in my entire life and it is well worthy to be blogged. This photo is taken at the summit of Mt. Amuyao courtesy of my good friend Alan Andico.


The view is spectacular! I never seen the Rice Terraces before. Back then, i was standing on top of it. Freezing and numb! You might be surprised why am i in shorts though. I just love to walk that way. Love this photo. Thanks again to Alan.



Another angle of the magnificent rice terraces. The water system for these rice fields is a work of a genius! Water is simply distributed from the top all the way down through these small canals right at the edge of the rice fields. The water is cold and clear. I accidentally fell my foot down on one the fields., leaving my shoe thick in mud!

This is a shot before everything else. This is the first glimpse of the trip. I noticed this kilometer mark and thought of it as an interesting foreground. I stayed a little bit for a while to take this photo and slowly catched up. In other words, i was at the tail of the pack. Good thing i didnt got lost.


Life here is so simple that everything is in a pause. No internet, no tv., no radio. All they got here is peace and quiet. The locals here are very hospitable. They are very nice and took care of us. Took this photo at around 5 am where the sun is slowly set to rise. Love the pink hues of the the sky. It is very cold but i love the feeling.

Probably, not planning to go back here.Its not that its not beautiful out here. Its actually beyond beautiful. Its just so hard goin up here and its not for the faint of heart and i think im not that hardcore yet. Im just happy I survived this one. It was a 13 hour trek from the base camp all the way to the top. It was quite a hard feat to accomplish and i am so proud of myself to be on top. Both of my toe nails are dead after the trip. A good pair of hiking shoes is a must if you are planning to go hiking coz i gurantee you, your cross trainers will kill your feet.

more photos at my Multiply titled " I Surviced Mt. Amuyao ".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.