Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Tattoo Wives Photoshoot at P&P Tattoo

To be honest, i really find women with tattoos...very sexy, alluring and hot. Im actually lost in words to describe them. This is a great privilege shooting at P&P Tattoo in Makati. Many thanks to my officemate, Rona, for inviting me at this shoot. She is writing a blog titled " The Tattoo Wives ". She needs portraits of these lovely ladies who are the wives of Tattoo artists. It was a lonely friday night and I got nowhere else to go but home and I was glad Rona saved me. Me and my other officemate EJ worked our cameras and lights for this one of a kind shoot. 


Raquel and Carol were very easy to work with. They were like professional models actually. They know how to pose, how to project, and they were very patient. The first location was at the Hotel room. I played with my lights on this one using a 2-strobe set-up. I placed my huge softbox umbrella top left and another speedlight on the right with an improvised snoot. The shadows at the back are kinda weird..but..i dunno it kinda looks cool though.. I made this one black and white to add a little drama..  


I really wanted to highlight Raquel's rose tattoo in this picture. 

We went downstairs to the tattoo parlor and images are starting to flicker inside my head. I thought of something like this. I wanted to capture Carol, in her fair white skin, being inked., like her first time... Again placed my ever reliable softbox umbrella top left.. and another speedlight with a snoot on lower right of the model. I really want that dark background to conceive the clutter from behind. Im happy with this one. This is one of my favorite photos from the shoot.   


 Its Raquel's turn and I also asked her to do the same pose but this time in her arm. Id like to thank Francis, Rona's husband for being so cooperative.

I made Francis and Rona a portrait. I find this one really nice. Francis is one of P&P Tattoo's premiere tattoo artists. He's one of the best in his craft.  

 Like I said earlier, i am really honored to be part of this photoshoot. I had fun and I really had a great time.  This is actually my first time to shoot inside a tattoo parlor. Not only that, this is my first time to do a portrait shoot with  tattooed women! Another addition to my portrait porfolio, something new. Maiba naman hindi puro food... :)  I wanna thank again Rona for this one., for the invite. I wanna thank our lovely models, Carol and Raquel. I also wanna thank Francis.. i dragged him to do the poses.. and also to my fellow photographer E.J. for lending me his extra flash.. thanks bro! Id love to have another shoot like this someday. 
Visit Rona's awesome blog about the Tattoo Wives at lippiestick.blogspot.com 

Another happy shoot. It was tiring but very fulfilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate it if you dont spam. Thank you.